Happy Women Movement
We are one of the signatories of the United Nations Women's Empowerment Principles (WEPs).
- three months of paid maternity leave after the baby’s birth
- “Happy Mother Pack” to our employees at the end of their maternity leave period
- the option to take the daily breastfeeding leave as one day off per week
- extra break time for pregnant staff in store
- the opportunity for all female Headquarters staff to work from home once a month
- half a day extra leave for mothers on their kids’ first school day and on the report card day
- women-only Executive Training Groups
Our innovative “Happy Women Movement” project was invited as an exemplary project at the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs) meeting in New York, which was a first for our sector. We presented the United Nations members our HR practices and our “Happy Women Movement” project at this meeting that was a joint initiative of UN Women and the UN Global Compact.
The Happiness Ambassadors Group
With our Happiness Ambassadors Group, we are trying to fulfill our social responsibilities through various social responsibility projects. While these project aim to increase social benefit and awareness, our employees who lead them also get the chance to improve their organisation, planning, and communication competencies. Thanks to our Happiness Ambassadors, our employees have the opportunity to develop projects in their interest areas where they can effectively express themselves.
- 2 days extra leave per year for social responsibility projects
- Projects in collaboration with AKUT Search and Rescue Association, Autism Strong Family Association (OGAD), The Hope Foundation for Children with Cancer (KAÇUV), Boğaziçi Üniversitesi Assistive Technology and Education Laboratory for Individuals with Visual Disabilities (GETEM), The Spinal Cord Paralytics Association of Turkey (TOFD), Foundation for Children with Leukemia (LÖSEV), Turkish Foundation for Children in Need of Protection (Koruncuk), and Mother Child Education Foundation (AÇEV).
- 1,752 volunteers and 3,358 volunteer hours since 2015